- This event has passed.
Time to Spring Into Regeneration: An Outdoors Group EcoArt Event
March 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
At last we are on the way to Spring!!!
Our positive ecotherapy theme for March is biophilia: The innate human instinct to connect with nature and other living beings. Our focus is natural time.
Join us on the beach to mark the March equinox when the Northern Hemisphere starts to tilt toward the sun, which means longer, sunnier days. Our goal is to bring some relief from winter burnout and look towards the future with more social fun.
Together as a group, we will celebrate by exploring natural time and doing collaborative, group ecoart outdoors using flowers, pebbles and other items we find in nature.
(No art experience required and we will provide guidance.)
Bring guests and take photos which you can share with your friends and family, as well as social media.
We will also be providing you with light snacks.
• Welcome and icebreaker
• Brief group conversation about biophilia and natural time
• Co-creating our collaborative group ecoart (we will provide guidance on the design and process)
• Photos and celebration
• Teaser: April special guest
Therapeutic Arts Principle: “Making art within a group creates shared experiences in the present.” (Bruce Moon)
What to bring:
• Flowers (keep it simple and inexpensive)
• Hot drink, water and snacks
• Warm clothes (layer) for outdoors – we will be getting our hands dirty making ecoart using items we find in nature
• Good walking shoes/boots that are waterproof
• Rain-jacket and umbrella
• Something to keep you dry when you sit on wet spaces
• Mask (for instances when we cannot social distance)
Note – if the weather is extreme on the day of the event, we will move the meeting online to Google Meet due to current COVID restrictions. For online meetings you need a clean sheet of paper and some mark making materials, such as crayons or coloured pens.