Hooray for the Month of Love!!!
February is also the month of Heart Health.
Join us to celebrate Valentine with a Date with Nature.
During our time together we will show our fondness and affection for nature by doing a group therapeutic ecoart activity that expresses our love for the natural world. (No art experience required.)
As it’s our first event, we will have a chance to meet and get to know each other. This launch event is also free to make it possible for as many people to attend. You are welcome to bring guests.
We will encourage everyone to take photos of our co-created nature art. That way we can celebrate by sharing the joy of our Valentine Date with Nature experience with our friends, families, colleagues and on social media on February 14th.
We will also be providing you with light snacks.
• Welcome, icebreaker, introductions and information on other events this month
• Brief conversation about the theory of Nature-Relatedness
• Co-creating our collaborative nature art (we will share the design)
• Photos and celebration
• Teaser: March theme.
Therapeutic Arts Principle: “Making art in the presence of others is an expression of hope.” (Bruce Moon)
What to bring:
• Flowers to offer to nature (keep it simple and inexpensive)
• Hot drink, water and snacks
• Warm clothes (layer) for outdoors – we will be getting our hands dirty making ecoart using items we find in nature
• Good walking shoes/boots that are waterproof
• Rain-jacket and umbrella
• Mask (for instances when we cannot social distance)
For those who want to research the February theme: we recommend you complete this free online Nature Relatedness Scale (NR-6) developed by Canadian researchers and read their source article in the link below:
Where you will find us that day
We will confirm where we will meet closer to the time.
Note – if the weather is extreme that day, we will move the meeting online to Google Meet due to current COVID restrictions. For online meetings you need a clean sheet of paper and some mark making materials, such as crayons or coloured pens.
park ln and nelson st., stanley park tennis courts
vancouver, BC, CA, V5K 0A1